Established in 2007, Riverside Contracting Corp. started with a goal in mind, to bring dreams to reality. 10 years later and still going strong we are one of the premier full service general contracting and renovation companies in the area. Our experienced team has worked with homeowners just like you who have dreamed of rejuvenating or expanding their current space. Whether you are looking to remodel your kitchen or bathroom, add an addition to the existing structure, build a deck or paint the entire house inside and out, we offer a full range of services that can help you to complete your project.
Buying a fixer-upper or a brand new place? Remember that Rome wasn’t built in a day, and neither will your dream home be. Your financial picture will change in time, along with your family structure, needs, wants and home-building trends. Taking your time with something as pricey as a home renovation could pay off in the long run — especially if you’re planning to stay a while.
One of the main factors of a successful renovation is finding the right contractor for the job. Things to consider when hiring a contractor:
- make a list of exactly what you want done. Remember that changes in the middle of a project will cost extra money and could change timelines
- set a clear budget
- ask for recommendations from friends and neighbours
- check to see if their employees are covered by the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB)
- ask if the tradespeople hired have their certification from the Ontario College of Trades
- consider dealing with a local company. This may make it easier to check references, enforce a warranty or have follow-up work done
- get written estimates from at least 3 contractors
- never accept an estimate over the phone or without the contractor inspecting the area
- remember that good contractors ask a lot of questions so they can understand and plan out the project. For example, in driveway paving, they should ask if any heavy vehicles will be parked on the driveway
- not go for a deal that sounds too good to be true
If it’s a major project, you might need an architect or engineer to draw up plans and give direction. You will also likely have to get a building permit. Ask your city or town hall how much building permits cost and how to get them.
Let us help you to turn your renovation dream into reality. We are home contractors committed to offering our customers expertise in renovation and home improvement projects from initial concept to project completion.